As I continue to try to find my special “voice” in clay, I realize that I am enjoying the journey more than finding a special technique/glaze/form etc. My pots vary in form, size, shape, color and function just as we are varied in our ways of being in this world. I enjoy hand forming as well as wheel throwing and continue to refine my skills as well as my thoughts of what I like. While I have strong roots in creating functional pottery, I am fascinated with the excitement of Raku and Pit firing techniques which yield a more porous and decorative pot. I derive joy not only from creating pots, but also from the pleasure of knowing that others will appreciate and use them.
• Have lived in Medford since 1979
• Expanded interest in clay by beginning an association with Mudflat Studio in Somerville as student, volunteer, and studio monitor
• Taken a variety of classes, participated in raku and soda firings and fire most work to cone 10 in gas reduction or oxidation kilns
• Display and sell pots at the Mudflat Gallery in Porter Square, West Medford Open Studios and Hourglass Gallery in Melrose
• Created a clay studio at home
• Continue to strive to improve techniques and develop a “voice” in clay while enjoying the creative process in its entirety.
- Follow jeromestreetstudios on WordPress.com
stephanietodhunterartI just added four more prints to my store! You can read the details at @sugarcerealsaints or by following the link to my website in the bio. You can purchase the prints via my online store (or DM with Venmo or PayPal). If you know somebody who might like my prints, please share this post with them!!!!😊😊😊😊😊 Thanks! • • • • • #popart #printmaking #modernart #linocut #andywarhol #contemporaryart #popartist #popsurrealism #popculture #artgallery #monoprint #artpop #printmaker #lowbrow #fineart #surrealism #pop #digitalart #blockprint #warhol #abstractart #lino #linoprint #artoftheday #gallery #reliefprint #etching #screenprint #blockprinting #silkscreen